Get excited! We’re thrilled to announce that a Pearl firmware update 4.18.0 for Pearl-2, Pearl-Mini, and Pearl Nano will be released at the end of February 2023. It’s just another way Epiphan is leading the way in the AV category.
The upgraded firmware includes the following:
- New NDI|HX support for Pearl Mini
- Upgraded NDI support for Pearl-2
- New Microsoft Teams integrations for all Pearl systems
- New and augmented control system integrations
- Enhancements to existing features and performance
NDI|HX support for Pearl Mini
Pearl Mini will now connect to networked cameras in any space using the high-efficiency, low-latency NDI|HX. Including,
- Support for two NDI|HX inputs
- Queries NDI Discovery server for available NDI sources
Expanded NDI support for Pearl-2
Pearl-2’s NDI performance has improved, allowing users to do more with Full NDI and NDI|HX. Included updates:
- Upgraded to NDI 5
- Supports high-bandwidth NDI inputs: up to three
- Supports NDI|HX inputs: up to six
- Allows one Full NDI output in 4K30 or four 1080p30 outputs
- Queries and registers with an NDI Discovery server
Epiphan Connect for Microsoft Teams direct integration
All Pearl systems get a direct Epiphan Connect integration, allowing users to bring Microsoft Teams participants and persistent screen share into their local productions in 1080p HD with isolated audio.
Epiphan Connect maps video participants to paired Pearl inputs by connecting cloud-to-edge, delivering the industry’s first integrated hybrid solution. This makes it easy for creators, producers, and broadcasters.
New and enhanced control system integrations
A new Q-SYS plugin for Pearl will be available to download through Q-SYS Designer Asset Manager, allowing Q-SYS customers to add Pearls to their automation ecosystems. New features include,
- Automatically activate connected cameras and audio sources, plus start recording and streaming with Pearl from any Q-SYS touchscreen controller.
- Ability to customise the Pearl plugin for precise, streamlined recording and streaming support
An improved Crestron driver will also be available through the company’s Application Market for enhanced integration and customisation when adding a Pearl into any Crestron-controlled space.
- New video and audio previews on Crestron control touchscreens
Enhancements to existing features
- Easier SRT configuration
- Improved discovery of Epiphan Live switcher
- Enhancements to Panopto integration
The Pearl firmware update 4.18.0 will be available at the end of February 2023. We can’t wait to see what Pearl helps you create!