What is personal information?
Personal information is just that – personal. It’s all the little details about yourself that tell us who you are – like where you’re from, and what sort of business you’re doing with AP Tech.
We only collect what’s reasonably necessary to assist you and run our business. Mainly we collect names, contact details, purchase records, payment details, information about the use of our services, correspondence, and other information you might choose to share with us.
Why do you need my details?
We collect your personal information to better provide you with the best possible service and information.
How do you collect my information?
There are various instances where we collect your details, such as:
- When you do business with us
- When you sign in with a social account to use the AP Tech account
- When you subscribe to our e-newsletters and respond to links in those communications
- When you participate in a competition, promotion, event, or any other activity we’ve got going on
- When you apply for a job with us. If you do this, we might also collect other relevant information from third-party sources, like referees
- When you get in touch with any inquiries, comments or complaints
- When you browse our website. We do this by using cookies to track your activity on the site – unless you turn this off on your browser
- When you transact or communicate with us on behalf of a business
If you’re a potential business contact or customer, we might collect information from indirect sources like list purchases or records available to the public.
How do you use my information?
There are a few ways we use your personal information. It helps us to:
- Supply products and services
- Provide information and training
- Manage our commercial relationships
- Promote our brand – and figure out the best ways to market it
- Improve our products and services, as well as how we communicate with the public
- Tailor our products, services and marketing to your individual needs
- Manage our business as best as possible
- Obey the law
We’ll only use your personal info for direct marketing purposes when we’re permitted to under the Privacy Act 1988 – the same way we’ll only send you emails for commercial reasons when it’s in accordance with the Spam Act 2003. If you’re not interested, you can opt out at any time by unsubscribing from emails or contacting us.
Keeping it secure
We know how important it is to keep your details secure. And that’s why we have a whole range of processes in place to protect that information, including:
- Using secure servers and other appropriate measures to protect electronic data
- Making sure only the necessary AP Tech employees have access to your information – using internal access policies, physical access restrictions, network structures, passwords, access tracking and more
- Ensuring any credit card payments to the AP Tech Store are made through a secure gateway service.
And when your details aren’t needed anymore, we’ll always make sure they’re destroyed, deleted or de-identified.
Who do you share my information with?
We may need to share your details with some of our providers – like companies that provide us with IT and delivery services.
Some of these companies may be based overseas. But don’t worry, because we’ll only ever disclose what is necessary for them to do their job – and all of these parties are contractually obliged to keep your details safe.
We’ll only share your personal details, or any images provided by you, publicly if that’s what you intended or agreed to. This could be:
- User contributions to the AP Tech website, like product reviews (although you’ll also have the option to use a display name)
- If you win a competition (and our terms and conditions have permitted us to do so)
- If you’ve given us permission to share your info with an integrated third-party service, like a social media platform.
Where can I get in touch about my information?
You have rights to access the information we hold about you – and to ask us to correct these details if they’re wrong. All you need to do is get in touch with us.
You can also get in touch with us if you have any complaints about how we’ve handled your information. We’ll investigate for you – and respond in writing as quickly as possible. If you’re still not satisfied with our response, it’s your right under the Privacy Act to lodge a complaint with the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (OAIC).
Here’s how you can reach us:
To install this Web App in your iPhone/iPad press and then Add to Home Screen.